Broccoli Nuggets with Creamy Lemon Cheese Sauce


Today's simple but healthy dish is made with leftover broccoli. I also made some cheesy sauce as dip for a more tasty treat! 

Broccoli nuggets, cheesy lemon sauce for baby 

Ingredients

7-8 broccoli florets, chopped finely
1 egg
1/2 cup of flour
1 cup of panko breadcrumbs
olive oil
a dash of pepper

For the cheese sauce:
2 tbps cheddar cheese
1 tbsp heavy cream
1 tsp lemon (lemon juice) 

Procedure


  1. In a bowl, mix the chopped broccoli, egg, flour, and pepper until you have a thick, minced meat-like texture.
  2. Roll your broccoli mixture into balls, and coat each ball with panko breadcrumbs. 
  3. On a pan, fry the coated broccoli balls on medium heat until they are golden brown. 
  4. To make the cheese sauce, melt your cheddar over the heavy cream and lemon juice. 
  5. Serve with rice. 

Comments

  1. Hi! I've been following your blog and I'm amazed at the recipes you create. I want to replicate them to give to my kids (one is a picky eater, the other has dietary restrictions). Continue posting! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mommy Michelle! <3 If you would want me to come up with a recipe using specific ingredients, please feel free to PM (FB page: The Unicorn Mama) and I'd be happy to create a dish for you/your kiddos! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment