Review: Messy Baby Products by Messy Bessy

Messy Bessy is a brand that I've always wanted to try as I always see their kiosks in the malls I frequent. I finally got a hold of some of their Messy Baby products during my recent visit to 9 Months and Beyond, a lovely mompreneur-owned one-stop-shop in the Maginhawa area.


Messy Baby Toy + Surface Cleaner, Pocket Sanitizer, and Bug Repellent Cologne



Messy Bessy is local company driven by social responsibility. Their main product lines include the Messy Bessy Bath and Body Care (hand and body wash, insect repellent, sanitizers, Messy Bessy Cleaners (fabric softener, laundry powder, deodorizer), Messy Baby (dish and bottle cleaner, toy + surface cleaner, insect repellent), and Messy Man (sport spritzer, face and body wash). 

According to their website, their  natural,earth-friendly products are 
...made only with ingredients that actually clean – no fillers, no bubble-makers, no colors, no funky artificial scents. Messy Bessy- About Us.
To be able to try a range of their Messy Baby products, rather than buying in full-size, I bought a gift set which carried their bestsellers in smaller sizes: the Messy Baby Toy + Surface CleanerPocket Sanitizer, and Bug Repellent Cologne

Because I am a mom, it has become second nature for me to look at the ingredients of my son's food and toiletries. I immediately noticed that none of these products contain any parabens, sulfates, and phthalates, and neither did they contain any artificial fragrances or dyes. The ingredients are primarily water and natural/essential oils, and this was such a joy for an OC mom like me! 


Toy + Surface Cleaner

Ingredients: 
  • Worry-free Ingredients:  water, baking soda, potassium cocoate, monoethanolamide coconut amide, lactic acid, chamomile and lavender essential oils. Yup that?s all!
Inside the house, I have used this to wipe Y's high chair and a few of his toys. I find it more convenient to use outside, though, especially on restaurants' high chairs and public surfaces. I really like how this cleaner smells, and I found it very gentle and not invasive (unlike alcohol-based cleaners). 


Pocket Sanitizer 

Ingredients:
  • Worry-free Ingredients: water, lactic acid, vegetable glycerin, aloe vera extract, citric acid, chamomile and lavender essential oils. Yup that?s all!
Like the toy and surface cleaner, this sanitizer is perfect in the diaper bag, to be used when your little one is outside. What I love most about this pocket sanitizer is that it is food safe, which I found perfect for cleaning the hands of BLW (baby-led weaning) babies! I just love how this smells, too!


Bug Repellent Cologne 

Ingredients:
  • Worry-free Ingredients:  water, sugarcane alcohol, bergamot, vanilla, citronella, and eucalyptus essential oils. Yup that?s all!
Among the three, this is the one we use the most as we (yes, even myself) use this everyday inside and outside of the house. The citronella scent is really pronounced on this bug repellent cologne, and I've always loved the smell of citronella. Because it is a cologne, you can spray this as liberally and as frequently you want, and it leaves you and your baby smelling fresh all day long. 

I will definitely repurchase these three products as they have now become our diaper bag staples. I love how they are made with all-natural ingredients, and most importantly, when you buy Messy Bessy/ Messy Baby products, you are also supporting their foundation with has very laudable causes. 

Comments