Fresh Pesto Pasta with Leftover Chicken

I always make pesto from scratch because I love the taste of fresh basil and garlic and Y has loved pesto ever since. For his daily dose of protein, I added some leftover turbo chicken which I found perfect with this oil-based dish. 

Fresh basil, garlic, spinach, chicken, and parmesan for baby


Ingredients

1 cup of pasta (I used San Remo vegeroni pasta shapes)
2 cloves of garlic, minced
15 sweet basil leaves, chopped
5 spinach leaves, chopped
Olive oil
Leftover turbo chicken strips
Grated parmesan 

Procedure

  1. Boil your pasta for 8-10 minutes until al dente.
  2. On a separate skillet, heat your olive oil, then saute your garlic.
  3. Add your basil and spinach leaves,  then your leftover chicken.
  4. Sprinkle some grated parmesan (optional). 

Comments